6/23/2013

Nintendo knows how to do DLC???


Super Luigi U is (as far as I know) Nintendo's first real effort to provide a meaty dlc expansion to any of their titles, most certainly any of their flagship franchises such as New Super Mario Bros. Now granted, if you were expecting something all new and drastically different from NSMBU, you may dissapointed, as it's the same worlds with remixed levels so there aren't any new bosses or anything of that sort. But I got tthe DLC and have played through several worlds and it's pretty good. The re-designed levels are clever and challenging, along with Luigi controlling very different from Mario so it changes your approach. Add in a mere 100 seconds to complete levels and you have quite the challenge as well. Most companies who have been doing dlc for years often still provide flimsy overpriced poor excuses for cash grabs. If you liked NSMBU, I highly recommend downloading this as it's a great extension of that. Also a nice addition for people who suck at these games is being able to play as Nabbit who is virtually invincible.

This post is a few days later than I planned, but I have a good excuse: I'm pretty psyched about the upcoming PS4 title, Infamous: Second Son (which sadly is not a launch title but in that vague "launch window" that is essentially meaningless). So much so that I'm getting into the previous games which I never gave much of a chance and am finding the first one incredibly fun so far. To that effect, I made my first fan video in 3 years. It was a lot of fun. I hope to do them more often but it does take a combination of a game I'm excited about and hearing a piece of music that goes with it really well. I don't go looking for it. So hopefully another one in not too much longer, but for now enjoy:



That's all for today, but I should definitely be back Tuesday or Wednesday with thoughts on Deadpool (which actually looks pretty fun) and Project X Zone.

No comments: