9/14/2007

The myth and the reality

Joining the likes of Ubisoft & EA, Capcom recently reported huge profits thanks to their Wii efforts. This, like so many real facts flies in the face on the anti-Nintendo crowd as one of their long time claims was only Nintendo makes money on their systems. If 3rd-party companies make titles that are more than licensed crap, people will actually buy them. It's an edgy idea, but there you have it.

I am now the proud(?) owner of a PSP, but only due to an extremely generous discount. I still think the system is massively flawed at best, but there might be just enough quality titles on it now (such as Jeanne d'Arc) to warrant the extremely low price I paid (hint: significantly less than a DS). With a little luck, I may be playing Drake's Fortune on the cheap this holiday season as well.

This weekend's selection is nothing short of pure shit, so I won't talk about it. I haven't gotten a chance to check out 3:10 to Yuma just yet, so this weekend seems like a perfect opportunity.

FREE GAME OF THE WEEK: Cow Tippin'

No comments: