2/10/2011

Get to Know Jack...



It's like a giant blast from the past. The last time I even saw this game was way back in the original Playstation days. It was pretty awesome then, but sometimes things really don't age so gracefully. So it has to be asked, is it worth going down memory lane with this Trivial Pursuit knockoff with an attitude? Actually according to nearly every review, it totally is. So hopefully I'll be picking it up relatively soon and can give my impressions.


I have downloaded and played a couple hours of Stacking. Now like most games from the mind of Tim Schafer, it's funny and endearing and original. Whether or not I would've paid $15 (I got it for free because of my PSN + membership) is debatable. Why? Because while it's fun, much like Double Fine's previous digital effort, Costume Quest, it's all over way too quickly, clocking in at just over 4 hours according to most reviews. Granted, you can squeeze a couple more out of fooling around with all the dolls and finding all the different solutions to the puzzles, but paying such a premium price for such a short experience makes me think twice about any future Double Fine offerings.

Is Bulletstorm immature, offensive and insultingly juvenile? Sure, but so are most of the people who are probably going to buy it. Fox news is taking it to a whole new level though, claiming its the worst game ever made and that it and games like it make people rapists. I really don't even know where to begin with this. I honestly thought this level of bullshit was more or less done when Jack Thompson was finally disbarred, but I guess you can never underestimate the idiocy of Fox news. It's just sad that anybody listens to them really. Assuming humanity survives long enough, at some point we are going to look at this kind of stuff as a true low point in human history.

Ok, that's really all for today, I might have another post up this weekend, we'll have to see if time permits. In the meantime, here is your FREE GAME OF THE WEEK : EPIC BUNGEE

No comments: