7/23/2007

If I ever win the lottery...

I'm gonna use at least some of the money to hire at least one other writer long term for this thing cause occasionally I'm just too damn tired to do so, as was the case Friday, cause I honestly meant to update, but was just too exhausted.

While I avoided any of the crazy madness of the midnight launch, I was easily able to pick up a copy of the final Harry Potter book. I'm only about 30 pages in so far, but I'll most likely have it done by the end of this week. Do I think it's the final Potter adventure? Probably. But the spin-off possibilities are endless, so I seriously doubt this is the last book we'll read concerning the world of Hogwarts.

I did manage to catch Hairspray, and it managed to surpass all expectations. The acting is great, the songs are mostly fantastic and it's just an incredibly fun film. I can honestly say this is the most fun I've had watching a musical since Little Shop of Horrors, and it's easily one of my favorite films of 2007 so far. And to be quite frank, shame on America's moviegoers for making Adam Sandler's new piece of utter trash the number one movie this weekend. I mean, Christ, it's pretty sad when a movie is this universally reviled and still opens this huge, thus giving no credibility whatsoever to critics or audiences since they went to see this shlock.

That's really it for today, but I'll try and come up with something for tomorrow, in the meantime, enjoy your FREE GAME OF THE WEEK: Transmigration

No comments: