10 non-Sony characters that should join Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Really, "evil" Cole? Clearly Sony is having huge issues getting a decent size roster of characters for their upcoming Smash Bros. knockoff. The solution? Borrow liberally from other companies. Though Nintendo's Smash Bros. series is mostly Nintendo characters, they have no problem with guest appearances from the likes of Solid Snake & Sonic, so Sony should really take that idea and and run with it. Here's 10 non-Sony characters that would make great additions to the roster:
10: Abe (the Oddworld series)-Granted the peace-loving escapee slave from the vastly underrated Oddworld series might seem like an odd choice for a fighting game, bit not any less odd than Fat Princess. But with his ability to hide in shadows and psychic powers (and possibly a little assistance fro, fellow Oddworlder Munch), he could be a pretty unique character to use.
9: Gene (Godhand): A somewhat obscure title, but Gene is a perfect fit for a fighting game since Godhand is essentially based around insane linking of combos and whatnot. He'd be a great addition that's crazy but actually makes sense, unlike say Toro Inoue (seriously, who?).
8. Prince of the Cosmos: Ok, this is arguably an even crazier idea, but the Katamari Damacy series is pretty closely tied to Sony's history, with the majority of the titles appearing on Sony platforms. Maneuvers with his giant rolling ball could make for some very interesting combat.
7. The Prince (Prince of Persia): Maybe not an extremely obvious choice off the top of your head, but the Prince is extremely athletic, pretty handy with a sword, and has control over time. Pretty good recipe for a very awesome addition to the roster.
6. Jade (Beyond Good and Evil): Pretty simple idea here-the roster is pretty lacking in girl power, and Jade is one of the few good female protagonists of the last decade. She's also pretty damn handy with a staff and has a few mystical powers to boot.
5. Bayonetta (Bayonetta): Sega's extreme action heroine would also be a welcome addition to the roster in general and up the female quotient. It's also one of the most highly acclaimed action titles of this generation yet it was pretty much ignored. Giving Bayonetta a slot on the roster may give the actual game a second chance as well.
4. Jimmy Hopkins (Bully): The anti-hero of Rocksteady's underrated high-school adventure, Jimmy would be a surprisingly awesome addition with his arsenal of high school weaponry of slingshots., dodgeballs, fire crackers and stink bombs among other things. He might actually be the most versatile addition to the roster if treated correctly.
3. Raz (Psychonauts): Simply put, Raz is an extremely powerful psychic and a really good fit for Sony's fighter. A wide array of powers and abilities would make him an easy match for pretty much anyone else on the roster.
2. Sora (Kingdom Hearts): The Keyblade master and primary hero of the Kingdom Hearts series would be a great fit for any fighting game. He has huge versatility and plenty of abilities and it would just be awesome to see him go up against the like of Kratos, Nathan Drake and so on.
1. Cloud (Final Fantasy VII): Simply put Cloud needs to be in this game, not only is he a great character for a fighting game, but FFVII was instrumental in Sony getting a foothold in the gaming industry. There may never have been a Playstation 2 if not for FFVII and that fact should be represented in this celebration of all that is Sony.
Ok, that's the list. While it seems unlikely that any of these characters would be in the initial roster, there's no reason it couldn't be added as dlc later. That's all for today but I should have another post up by this weekend. Until then, here's your FREE GAME OF THE WEEK: Tiny Evolution Adventure