10/02/2007

THEY CAME FROM JAPAN!!!

The greatest potential of the Wii's virtual console is most definitely to play those gems we never really got a chance to play on their original systems, be it because they were just too obscure or in the case of today's releases, not even released on these shores. I mean sure, you could've picked up the real Super Mario Bros. 2 in a couple of compilations over the years, but this is the first time you get the original, completely unaltered version. And oddly enough, Treasure's 3D masterpiece, Sin & Punishment, never saw the light of day here in any previous form. Hopefully this is the first of a stream of unreleased greatest foreign hits (Mother 3, anyone?).

If the Halo hubbub has died down (or your just looking for some portable goodness), the next great game of 07 is upon us-Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass hits tomorrow and will probably be the last Zelda game for quite awhile given how often they pump out these things, so take your time with it. I'm not sure how I feel about the switch to strictly stylus controls, but if they are able to keep the game fun, that's really all I care about.

After two episodes, I'm about ready to give up on Chuck, NBC's new "high-concept" "comedy". It's too bad, cause the premise seems interesting enough, and I'll watch Adam Baldwin in just about anything, but this series just seems flat to me. It's not like there's much else on Mondays at 8 though, so I might give it a couple more tries before completely writing it off.

TRAILER OF THE WEEK:

Stephen King's The Mist

No comments: