11/07/2006

MS' Holiday Salvo

Easily the Xbox 360's biggest weapon in this holiday season finally hits stores tomorrow. No game this year has had more hype behind it than Gears of War. We can all agree that the 360 has been lacking in a true system seller. Sure, Call of Duty 2 looked nice, and Oblivion was pretty sweet, but none of these, or any of the current 360 library is what anyone would consider a system seller. Assuming GOW delivers, this could be the next mega-franchise. The game looks incredible, and if I wasn't saving for the Wii which is only a little over a week away, it's probably what I would get a 360 for (of course, when Mass Effect is out next year, that will most likely be when I finally cave).

But while GOW is the biggest gun on the Game front, the 360 has other weapons. Namely that it's broadening it's functionality with the ability to download movies & tv shows. I'm not sure if this will really take off, but it's a very nice option for those of us who don't want to plunk down for cable & a DVR.

I did manage to catch Borat while I was out of town, and it was pretty damn entertaining. I'd say calling it "funniest movie in years" a stretch, but it's definitely one of the more entertaining ones in awhile.

SCRUBS CLIP OF THE WEEK:

No comments: