8/29/2007

BUT HE WAS SO YOUNG!!!!

Well, my 360 is dead, at a mere 9 months old. Surprisingly not by the oh so infamous Red Rings of Death that have plagued so many other 360 owners, but apparently by a completely fried video board. I find myself surprisingly calm about this considering I still have plenty left to do in Bioshock, just picked up Blue Dragon and Stranglehold is a little less than a week away. I dunno, I guess I was just mentally ready for this or something (having plenty of PS2 games & Metroid to play certainly helps). I do have to give props to MS tech support. I wasn't on hold very long at all, they didn't give me a whole lot of crap, and the entire call was done in about 20 minutes. My attitude may change depending on how long it actually takes to get back on line. Seems like it's going to be a minimum of 2 weeks. Could be over a month which would mean I'd have to wait to play Halo 3 and Eternal Sonata, which would make me stabby. So hopefully MS has their shit together and I'll get mine back in time to finish the fight at the very least.

If your 360 is in proper working order, you may want to check the newest available Live Arcade titles. Sure, there's Puzzle Fighter, which is a worthy download, but much better and surprisingly barely mentioned is the beat-em-up classic Streets of Rage 2 for a measly 400 points. This is also on the Wii Virtual console, but it's cheaper on live with co-op and achiveements, so MS definitely gives you the superior experience here (which is rare, cause the emulation usually sucks).

Planning on picking up a PS3 at the "bargain" price of $499? Better move quick, cause Sony claims they haven't got anymore. So let's review this decision again. Sony drops price. Many fans & developers claim it isn't enough, but sales comparatively skyrocket. Sony apparently decides this is bad and rather than continuing to increase sales by keeping this model, they introduce a more expensive model with minor improvements that will eventually completely replace the old one. Class, what do you think will happen will only the more expensive model is available?

Trailer of the Week:

The Assasination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

The Assasination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford - Trailer

Posted Yesterday

An action western surrounding the private life and public exploits of America's most notorious outlaw, Jesse James. In 1881, a younger member of the notorious Jesse James gang becomes so inextricably drawn to and frightened of his mentor that his own delusions of grandeur force him to consider doing the unthinkable.

No comments: